I recently asked on a travel forum “Which is the best place for vacation with a baby?” and the first reply I got was : “HOME” !
Though I know travelling with an infant/toddler can be no less than a herculean task , infact , in my last MomCom Episode #02 I had mentioned how I avoided travelling and preferred to stay home and sleep-in on one of the extended weekends; I would still say I enjoyed my impromptu holiday to Goa last week with my 9 months old twins C&I.
The first prerequisite with travelling with infants/toddlers is to PLAN and PREPARE.
So the first post in my ‘Travelling with Baby’ series on FridayNightColumn.com is the checklist I used to prepare for our family beach vacay.
Travelling with a baby always makes you wonder what to pack for baby food. Here are the ultimate travel meal ideas for your Infant / Toddler
Follow our Facebook page for more travel related posts coming soon. (Tips on Travelling with baby, Beach holiday with Baby, Road Trip with Baby, Travelling with Twins, All you need to know about Flying with a Lap Child <2 years)
Travelling with Baby:
- Outfits : 3 /day/ child including 1 Onesie /d/child
- Night Suits/ Sleepsuits
- Shoes (I took them but didn’t use them , as I knew I will invariably lose them somewhere)
- Swim Suit
- Sun Hat
- Hairbands / Hair and other accessories (For Girls)
- Vests 1/day/child and few extras
- Baby Underpants ( To wear under skirts and dresses)
- Blanket : Thin and warm 1/child
- Pillow and Sheet for Bedding
- Towels: 2/child. Including a hooded towel for pool/beach
- Jacket (In case of cold weather)
- Body + Hair wash (Travel Pack)
- Body Lotion (Travel Pack)
- Wet Wipes 1pack/day with plastic fliptop (Buy locally at your destination on arrival if staying for long)
- Diapers 6/day/child . I prefer Pampers Active Baby
- Huggies Swim Diapers : 1 pack (Buy size according to baby weight)
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Medicine Kit: Nasal drops/Paracetamol/Cold or Allergy Syrup /BandAid
- Sunscreen – Choose a Waterproof kid friendly high SPF sunscreen . I use Coppertone Water Babies.
- Insect Repellent
- Tooth Brush and Toothpaste : For babies with teeth
- Hair Brush
- Toddler Goggles
- Waterproof and compact Diaper Changing Mat / Quick dry sheet : 1 for diaper bag , 1 extra
- Travel sized Detergent for clothes
- Plastic bags for diaper disposal and dirty laundry
- Formula Milk
- Bibs : Pigeon Disposable Bibs and Plastic Washable bibs with crumb pockets
- Bottle Sterlising Tablets : 1 box
- Thermos plus Boiled Water
- Bottle cover
- Bottle Cleaning Liquid (Travel pack )
- Bottle Cleaning Brush
- Nursing Cover (If Breastfeeding)
- Breast Pump (If Breastfeeding)
- Travel Meal Ideas : Click Here
- Rain Cover for Stroller
- Baby Carrier
- Car Seat ( for Road Trip)
- Birth Certificate / Passport
- Selfie Stick
What to pack in Carry On / Diaper Bag ?
Choose a backpack as your diaper bag and leave the fancy patterned ones at home. Prefer a neutral coloured bag which Daddy can carry without hesitation.
- Formula Dispenser
- Burp Cloth
- Thermos + Water
- Sippy Cup (optional)
- Toddler Snacks : Ready to Eat Purees , Banana, Instant Cereal, Parantha,Biscuits in ziplock bags : click here for travel Meal Ideas
- Plastic Container with lid and spoon (Travel Friendly)
- Bottle Cleaning Liquid (<100ml)
- Pacifier (optional)
For Diaper Change
- Wet Wipes with fliptop
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Waterproof foldable changing mat
- Plastic bags for diaper disposal
Entertainment and Extras
- Toys : 2-4 less noisy toys, 1-2 teething toys
- Extra outfits : 2/child
- Small Blanket
- Sanitising wipes
- Nursing Cover
For Free Printable Checklist
Step 2 : Sign Up to stay updated!
Step 3: Message us on Facebook after completing the first two steps and we will mail you the free printable.