Ice pops are a great way to soothe gum pain and irritation in teething children . So as soon as I got hold of fresh blueberries from my local fruit vendor , I made sure my 8 month old twins enjoy this delicious fruit along with us.
For Ice Pops you will require a mold . Since small sized molds are pretty expensive , I decided to use my Fruit/ Mesh Feeder which I very frequently use to feed fresh fruit to my twins.
These are super useful to feed pulpy fruits to babies and they love chewing on them as it soothes their gums as well.
You can give melon/raw apple/uncooked pear/Mango in them and just see how they relish the fruits holding this feeder in their hands . They squeeze the juice out of the fruit and the strands are left inside the mesh , hence no choking hazard.
You can use this from 6 months onwards .
This is one of the ways I ‘ m trying to teach Self-Feeding to my twins .(More in the coming weeks about how to raise Self-feeding babies)
I used this Fruit Feeder with its cap as a mold and mesh nipple as the cast which holds the ice pop together . They are very easy to hold for babies 6 months and above.Click here to buy this reliable fruit feeder.
Blueberry Ice Pops
- Fresh Blueberries: 2-3 tbsp
- Alphonso Mango (chopped) : 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coconut Water : ~ 50 ml
- Fruit/Mesh Feeder : Click to buy this from Amazon
- Blend fresh blueberries, chopped Mango and Coconut water in a blender.
- Fill the Fruit Feeder cap with the above mix.
- Fix the mesh nipple attached to holder into the cap .
- Freeze for 4-6 hours with the cap end facing down.
- To unmold , run warm clean water over the fruit feeder cap .
- Unmold by pulling the holder slowly and steadily.
- Ice pops are ready to serve.
- If you don’t get fresh blueberries, you can replace them with strawberries.
- If your baby has teeth and can chew, you can add whole Blueberries to the mix before freezing .
Stay tuned to my blog Friday Night Column as I will be updating a Blueberry Ice Pops version for older children and adults . Here is a sneak peak .
Liked this post ? Don’t forget to share and spread the love.
Have you read our Ultimate Baby Food Recipe List? Click here ! It has 30 + healthy baby food options.
Also,Find us on Facebook and Follow! Click here!
Leave a Reply