New in the Finger Food Series are these yummy savoury spinach and cheese muffins. Perfect snack for your kids with the goodness of Egg protein , cheese (dairy protein) , milk and spinach .
These can be frozen and defrosted for later use as well. They are delightful savoury muffins with a golden crust and the soft pillowy inside. You can serve it as a snack or as breakfast as well.
Savoury Spinach And Cheese Muffins
Prep Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 25-30 minutes
Yield : 6 Muffins
- Butter : 1/4 cup
- Egg : 1
- Milk : 75 ml
- Amul Cheese Cubes : 2 in number (25g each)
- Spinach : finely chopped 1 cup (loosely packed)
- Flour /Maida : 1 cup
- Baking Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius till you prepare the muffin mix.
- In a bowl, break an egg and whisk.
- Add melted butter, grated cheese and milk to the egg and whisk until smooth.
- Add salt and chopped (thoroughly washed) spinach to the above mix .
- Sift flour and baking powder 2-3 times in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour-baking powder to the above wet ingredients.
- Mix till ingredients are combined.
- Line the muffin tray with paper moulds .
- Put the muffin mix in each muffin chamber leaving a little space spare from the top .
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes till a tooth pick comes dry when inserted. Also the muffins should achieve a light golden hue on the exterior.
- Savoury Spinach And Cheese Muffins are ready .
- Enjoy fresh or Freeze for later and defrost for few hours before consumption .
- To make without egg : Replace 1 egg with 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce and increase baking powder to 1 tsp instead of using 1/2 tsp as mentioned in above recipe.
Pin it for later : http://pin.it/qzaxIBS
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.
For more articles : Sign Up/ follow Friday Night Column on Facebook , Click Here!
Leave a Reply