This is the ultimate list to super easy baby food recipes for 6-9 months old .
Decoding the puzzle that Baby Food is for new moms.
I introduced solids to my twins when they turned 6 months old . Please consult your Paediatrician before you decide to wean.
For an easy and hassle free brief : I would like to add in the beginning , there are somethings I follow after a lot of research , you are free to make an informed choice for yourself. This is not a guideline but How I chose to feed my twins healthy and yummy food, without putting them at any risk.
- No salt or sugar till baby turns 1
- No citrus fruits : as they can cause rashes
- No juices till baby turns 1 : Click here for details
- For adding calories : I prefer Organic India Organic Ghee 1tablespoon : Buy here
- Boiled water for diluting thick mashes
- Breast milk/ age appropriate formula milk where needed. (Do not add formula milk while cooking, add later when the dish has been removed from heat. )
- No whole nuts
- Pasteurised Cow’s milk only for preparing halwa/kheer . Cow’s milk should not be used to feed baby through bottles as a main meal till baby turns 1.
- Usual way to cook foods : Wash, Peel, cut in chunks and cook in boiled water (slower method) or pressure cook (faster) with water . Purée with blender. I prefer Pigeon Weaning bottle with spoon attachment for feeding my twins.Click Here to buy!
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon powder (dalchini powder) in the naturally sweet purées for flavour
- The consistency of food depends on what your baby can easily have , start with runny purée (6-7months) then thick purée (7-9 months ) followed by small chunks (9 month onwards)
- Keep baby’s utensils separate
- Always check temperature of food on back of your hand before feeding baby
Initial single foods:
I preferred to follow this order for introducing the individual foods
- Apple 🍎
- Banana 🍌 : simply mash, no need to cook
- Pear 🍐
- Sweet potato 🍠
- Potato 🥔
- Avocado 🥑 : simply cut and scoop out the pulp. No need to cook. Can be used same as banana.
- Peach 🍑
- Carrots 🥕
- Pumpkin 🎃
- Rice 🍚 : Wash, soak ,cook and Purée
- Mango : No need to cook
Two Ingredient Recipes:
Just add the mentioned ingredients in pressure cooker or saucepan with boiled water after washing and peeling . Cook and purée to desired consistency.
- Gourd (gheeya) + ghee
- Oatmeal: First grind the regular rolled oats and then cook in water , add breastmilk or formula for making it creamy
- Spinach+ ghee
- Oatmeal + Apple(cooked)
- Oatmeal + Banana
- Pear + French beans
- Rice + breast milk/ Formula
- Beets + Potato
- Beets + Rice
- Beets + Apple
- Apple + Pumpkin
- Apple + Spinach
- Apple + Rice
- Avocado + Banana : both raw
- Avocado + Mango : both raw
- Avocado + Apple(cooked)
- Banana + Cheeku : both raw
- Carrot + Peas
- Carrot + Apple
- Yellow Moong Dal + ghee : pressure cook the dal with 1 tbsp of ghee and water as needed , then purée it with the blender . I don’t prefer to give just plain Dal ka paani as it has no calories without any mashed dal in it.
Three ingredient recipes:
- Rice + beets + spinach : Click here for recipe
- Broccoli + pear + French beans
- Apple + Spinach + Peas
- Rice + Peas + Carrot
- Ghee + Yellow Moong dal + Rice
- Avocado + Mango + Milk smoothie : no need to cook
Few more Treats for your baby:
- Dates and Oats Porridge : Click Here for recipe
- Badam Halwa-Almond dessert pudding : Click here for recipe
If you have introduced wheat and wheat products :
- Sooji Kheer
- Sooji Upma
- Sooji Idli (8 months onwards)
- Parantha : Cooked in ghee , broken down in small pieces and soaked in milk (8 months onwards)
- Sooji / Aata Halwa
If you have introduced Egg : (Feed Only Egg Yolk till baby turns 1, never feed raw egg to baby in any form, always cook well)
- Scrambled Egg
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Poached Egg (Cooked for 5 minutes , not with runny yolk)
- Scrambled Egg Rice
If you have introduced dairy (pasteurised cow milk) :
- Fresh homemade paneer
- Fruit yogurt : Blended strawberries/ Blueberries/ Mango mixed with yogurt/ hung curd / Greek yogurt
- Curd Rice
- Mashed paneer-potato (boiled)
- Poha Kheer (8months onwards)
- Poha in Curd (8 months onwards)
- Dalia in milk
This is a quick comprehensive guide to baby food recipes . Also check out our Instant Baby Food like Homemade Cerelac recipe of Rice Cereal and Dal Cereal .It is the easiest baby food to carry while travelling.
Confused about meal timings for babies 6 months to 8 months : Click here for meal plan for 6/7/8 month old babies !
If you have any doubts or require detailed recipe , please comment below or reach me at my Facebook page : https://m.facebook.com/FridayNColumn/
Hope it helps.
Have you checked for peanut allergy in your baby ? This is how you can do it safely . Click here !