Natural and homemade ice Popsicles are my new obsession these days . They are easy to make and require no special equipment except an Ice Pops mold . With no use of preservatives, added sugars and colouring agent ; they make a perfect dessert for your kids too.
Here is an interesting recipe for unique Ice Popsicles where I have used blueberries in two ways – as whole berries and as a smoothie . They just don’t look spectacular, they taste divine as well.
Blueberry Two Ways : Ice Popsicles
- Fresh Blueberries: 200gm
- Alphonso Mango (chopped) : 1 whole
- Fresh Coconut Water : ~ 50 ml and 100 ml separately .
- Ice Pop Molds : A set of 4 : Buy here
- Take 100 ml of coconut water and fill less than half of the ice mold with it . Put some (3-4) fresh whole blueberries in the coconut water in each mold. Repeat the same in all four sections of the mold.
- Keep the mold in the freezer for 4-6 hours in a titled fashion at 45 degree angle while resting in a bowl . Do not put the lids of the Popsicles.
- In a blending jar, take remaining fresh blueberries, chopped Mango and Coconut water (50ml) . Blend it into a smoothie.
- Remove the mold from freezer . Scrape the frozen edge of the frozen coconut water in the mold a little . Pour in the blended Blueberry and Mango smoothie to fill the mold upto the brim.
- Apply the lid with a little pressure to gently pierce it through the frozen coconut water in the mold. Close the lid well.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- To Unmold : Run warm clean water over the mold.Unmold by pulling the holder slowly and steadily.
- Blueberry Two Ways : Ice Popsicles are ready to be served .
- While setting the coconut water , keep the mold titled at a 45degree angle to get the slanted setting.
- Optional: If you don’t get fresh blueberries, you can replace them with strawberries.
Have you tried our Blueberry Ice Pops for teething babies ? Click here for recipe !
Liked the recipe ? Do share and spread the love!
Suggested Read :
For Ice Pop lovers, also try our