This week onwards I ‘ ll be sharing C&I’s weekly meal plan with you all . The three meal a day plan will ease your worries of what to feed your infant or toddler daily. I have tried to include portions of fruit , vegetables , good carbohydrates, a protein rich dinner and healthy fats in each day’s menu . If you do not take eggs , you can replace them with other protein rich dinner options (mentioned below) . This is an easy menu to begin with and from next week onwards I ll try and include more portions of finger foods to encourage self feeding.
The menu includes usual food items , the ingredients for which you must have introduced to your baby by 9 months . If not start with a small portion and see how it goes.
Any feedback will be welcome, I will be improvising menus according to your requirements .
If you require any specific recipe or method of preparation, reach us on our facebook page .
- Recipe of Potato Paneer mash : Take a potato , peel and cut in squares . Boil in water until soft . Mash and mix with scrambled /crumbled paneer . Optionally Add milk to make it creamy.
- Recipe of Potato Beetroot Mash : Take a potato , peel and cut in squares . Boil in water till soft . Take a Beetroot , peel and cut in squares . Boil in water or pressure cook till soft . Mash or Purée Beetroot and potatoes together with blender .
- Recipe of Pumpkin Rice : Take peeled pumpkin and cut in squares . Cook in sauce pan with water until soft , Purée and toss it with cooked white rice on low heat , add water if needed . You can add 1 tbsp ghee if you want .
- I prefer ghee to prepare babyfood.
- Always grind Oats before cooking , for younger babies. You can add banana mash or apple puree to the Oats Porridge to add taste.
- I use farm fresh pasteurised cow milk to prepare yogurt and paneer at home.
- Parantha can be given in small bite sizes soaked in milk for softer consistency.
- Fruit yogurt can be prepared at home by using blended strawberries/ Blueberries/ Mango / banana or seedless grapes. Just mix the blend with fresh yogurt / hung curd / plain Greek yogurt.
- When starting with Egg first introduce yolk , followed by egg white when the child turns 1 year old.
- Poha can be prepared as Kheer / with yogurt / as Porridge (powdered poha)/ with melted jaggery
- Dalia can be made with vegetables or milk alone , keep consistency runny.
For babies 6- 9 months of age , checkout our Ultimate Baby Food Recipe List : Click Here !