Sharing meal plan of my twins C&I for this week.
The three meal a day plan will ease your worries of what to feed your infant or toddler daily. I have tried to include portions of fruit , vegetables , good carbohydrates, a protein rich dinner and healthy fats in each day’s menu .
If you do not take eggs , you can replace them with other protein rich dinner options (mentioned below) .
The menu includes usual food items , the ingredients for which you must have introduced to your baby by 9 months . If not start with a small portion and see how it goes.
Any feedback will be welcome, I will be improvising menus according to your requirements .
If you require any specific recipe or method of preparation, reach us on our facebook page .
- Sago/ Sabudana Kheer : Rinse the sabudana pearls till the water runs clear. Take a sauce pan and add the rinsed sabudana pearls and water in the pan. Cover and let the pearls get soaked in the water for 15-20 minutes.Begin to cook the pearls on stove top. After 5 minutes, add warm milk to the pan and continue to cook.Add sugar and cardamom powder and simmer till the pearls have cooked for about 20-25 minutes on a low to medium flame.Stir occasionally.
- Spinach Omellette :Beat the eggs, and stir in the finely chopped spinach . Add pinch of salt. In a non stick pan, put 1 tsp ghee , cook the egg mixture about 3 minutes, until partially set. Flip the omelette , and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat and continue cooking for 2 -3 minutes till done .
- Paneer Bhurji : Heat 1 tbsp of ghee / oil in a pan.Add jeera / cumin seeds and sauté until they crack.Add chopped onion and chopped ginger .Fry until golden brown. Add a pinch of turmeric and salt. Toss it well and add crumbled paneer . Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. You can add coriander powder for flavour (optional).
- I prefer ghee to prepare babyfood.
- You can add banana mash or apple puree to the Oats Porridge to add taste.
- I use farm fresh pasteurised cow milk to prepare yogurt and paneer at home.
- Parantha can be given in small bite sizes soaked in milk for softer consistency.
- Fruit yogurt can be prepared at home by using blended strawberries/ Blueberries/ Mango / banana or seedless grapes. Just mix the blend with fresh yogurt / hung curd / plain Greek yogurt.
- When starting with Egg first introduce yolk , followed by egg white when the child turns 1 year old.
- Dalia can be made with vegetables or milk alone , keep consistency runny.
For babies 6- 9 months of age , checkout our Ultimate Baby Food Recipe List : Click Here !
For previous meal plans : Click here!