In my quest to feed healthy food to my toddler twins , I have found egg to be my favourite ingredient.
Custards are loved all over the world but I don’t find it exciting enough to just pour some powder out of a packet and serve it to my kids.
This is a Classic Vanilla Custard made from the scratch using eggs. I have used my exotic Vanilla extract with seeds , which I got from Mauritius. I wish I had got loads of it .
Classic Vanilla Custard
Cooking Time : 7-10 minutes
Yield : 1 cup (Serves 2)
- Milk : 1 cup (I ve used Pasteurised Cow Milk)
- Egg : 1 in no.
- Corn Flour : 1 tbsp
- Sugar : 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract : 1/2 tsp
- Whisk an egg in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Take milk , corn flour and sugar in a saucepan and whisk well. Cook on medium heat till you can see bubbles along the rim. Whisk occasionally in between. Take it off heat once bubbles appear .
- Pour 2 tbsp of this milk-cornflour-sugar mix in the egg and whisk .
- Put the rest milk-cornflour-sugar mix back on low heat and immediately start pouring the egg-mix slowly into it. Whisk continuously and cook till it thickens. It should take 2 minutes . Do not let it boil.
- It should be smooth without any Egg strands .
- Remove it from heat and mix the vanilla extract.
- Serve warm. Or chill in refrigerator and serve chilled. Both ways it’s silky smooth and yummy.
For more toddler friendly recipes : Click Here!
For our Toddler Meal Plan : Click Here !
Pin the recipe for later : https://pin.it/jXvxnCa
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.
For more articles : Sign Up/ follow Friday Night Column on Facebook , Click Here!
Leave a Reply