Looking for options to introduce a wholesome chicken dish to your toddler’s meal ? This dish will serve the purpose.
A healthy chicken soup which can be puréed to make it convenient to feed your toddler.
My 12 month old twins love this Purée and my daughter , though toothless , enjoyed it without any qualms.
If you are looking for a healthy chicken soup for your fitness plan, just avoid potatoes and add vegetables of your choice to make it as a soup (as mentioned in recipe below).
Healthy Chicken Purée
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Yield : Serves 4
- Chicken (without skin) : 1 chicken Breast / 250 gm chicken (with bone)
- Potato : 1 (peeled and cut in large squares )
- Peas : 2 tbsp
- Carrot : 1 medium sized (peeled and cut in large chunks)
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger : 1/2 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Bay Leaf : 1
- Cloves : 2-4
- Peppercorns : 1 tsp
- Nutmeg : a pinch (grated)
- Cinnamon Stick : 1
- Lemon Juice : 1 tbsp
- Take chicken, potato and peas in a pressure cooker . Add enough water to cover it . Add nutmeg , cinnamon stick and peppercorns . Pressure cook till 3 whistles .
- In a kadhai , add oil, cloves , bay leaf and grated ginger . Cook on medium heat for 1 minute and add carrots chunks . Fry till carrot chunks become tender. Remove the bay leaf and cloves from the pan once done.
- Drain the chicken and vegetables from the pressure cooker and keep the stock aside .
- Shred the chicken , remove bone pieces if any .
- Take shredded chicken , potatoes, Peas and cooked carrot in a blender .Add salt to taste and Purée till smooth . Keep adding clear stock (prepared in pressure cooker) in between to dilute the Purée and to achieve desired consistency . Add lemon juice in the end and mix .
- Healthy chicken Purée is ready for your baby.
Optional : If you want to prepare a soup for the family instead of Purée , after shredding the chicken , mix the cooked carrot, vegetables and shredded chicken to the stock , add salt to taste and lemon juice . Serve as a clear chicken soup with vegetables. Keep the size of vegetables small (chopped) if consuming as a soup.
- You can halve the recipe if you want to prepare a lesser amount . Or I suggest Purée half of it for your toddler and use the rest half as a soup for the family.
Pin it for later : https://pin.it/YBT5Nra
For more toddler friendly recipes : Click Here!
For our Toddler Meal Plan : Click Here !
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.