- Onion Rice
- Curd Rice
- Beetroot Rice
- Apple Pumpkin Rice
- Apple Rice
- Pumpkin Rice
- Carrot Rice
- Ghee Rice
- Moong Dal Cheela
- Paneer Fried Rice
- Suji Pancakes
- Instant Suji Idli
- Apple Oats
- Overnight Apple Oats
- Banana Smoothie
- Veggie Pasta
- Healthy Chicken Purée / Soup
- Sprouts Khichri
- Suji Dhokla
- Suji Pizza
- Matar (gravy) / White Peas gravy
- Oats Khichri
- Egg Fried Rice
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Scrambled Eggs
- Poached Eggs
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana French Toast
- Spinach Omelette
- Savoury Spinach And Cheese Muffins
- Vegetable Omelette
- Classic Vanilla Custard
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Healthy Chicken Purée / Soup
- Oatmeal Cookies (Eggless)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Crushed walnuts and chocolate chips (Eggless)
- Wholewheat Banana Bread (Eggless)
- Savoury Spinach And Cheese Muffins
- Instant Khaman (Dhokla)
- Suji Dhokla
- Brown Sugar Shortbread
- Cocoa Meringue Cookies (with egg)
- Onion Rice : Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.Now add 1 tsp chopped garlic and fry till it turns golden brown.Now put in 1tbsp finely chopped onions and saute till they are golden.Add salt to taste , put in 1 cup cooked rice and mix well.Serve warm .
- Curd Rice : Cook rice and let them cool. Add curd to them and keep it aside. For tempering : take 1 tbsp ghee in a pan , add 1 tsp mustard seeds and 1 tsp of chopped curry leaves , transfer to the vessel with curd and rice when seeds splutter . Add 1 tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves and pinch of salt (optional) . Mix well . Serve warm. Or chill in fridge and serve cold. You can add milk to dilute consistency to your liking . Beetroot Rice :Heat 1 tsp oil in the pan. Put bay leaf, salt to taste, cloves, 1-2 chopped onions, beans, 1 chopped tomato, chopp d cauliflower, chopped carrot, chopped capsicum etc. Sauté it well & add little water and let vegetables get tender. In other pan; take rinsed and washed ½ cup rice in water. Par boil the rice. Rinse the balance water from it leaving ½ cup water behind. Add it to the sauté vegetables in other pan and mix. Add fresh grated beetroot and spices to taste and cook till the rice is done.
- Apple Pumpkin Rice : Peel and grate 50 gram pumpkin and one apple . Take 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan , add 1 tap jeera , chopped onions (1tbsp) and 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger and sauté till onions are translucent , add grated Pumpkin and apple and cook till pumpkin becomes tender . Add 1 cup cooked rice and mix well . You may add salt if you want.
- Apple Rice : Peel and one apple . Take 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan , add 1 tap jeera , chopped onions (1tbsp) and 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger and sauté till onions are translucent , add apple and cook till it becomes tender . Add 1 cup cooked rice and mix well . You may add salt if you want.
- Pumpkin Rice : Peel and grate 50 gram pumpkin . Take 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan , add 1 tap jeera , chopped onions (1tbsp) and 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger and sauté till onions are translucent , add grated Pumpkin and cook till pumpkin becomes tender . Add 1 cup cooked rice and mix well . You may add salt if you want.
- Carrot Rice : Heat oil in a kadhai, add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds , 1/2 tsp chopped curry leaves and let them splutter.Now add 1 tsp chopped ginger and fry. Now put in 1tbsp finely chopped carrot and saute till they are tender.Add salt to taste , put in 1 cup cooked rice and mix well.Serve warm .
- Ghee Rice : Click here for Recipe !
- Moong Dal Cheela : Wash and soak 1/2 cup moong Dal overnight . Discard the water . Grind the moong Dal with little water and make a batter . Add 1 tsp jeera powder and salt (optional) to batter and mix . It should be pouring consistency. Heat ghee in a non stick pan and make pancakes from the batter . Cook each side until brown , crisp and done.
- Paneer Fried Rice: Take oil (1tbsp) in a Kadhai/wok. Heat and add garlic (1/2 tbsp) followed by onion (1 tbsp) and carrots (1tbsp) , badi elaichi (one), grated nutmeg (a pinch) . Cook till onions become translucent and carrots become soft.Add crumbled paneer (2 tbsp ) in the Kadhai and cook on low heat till slightly done. Add 1 cup cooked rice . Cook for 2 minutes .Remove black cardamom (badi elaichi) from pot.Add salt (optional) .Serve warm.
- Suji Pancakes : Take suji 1/2 cup and curd 1/2 cup in a bowl,add salt and fruit salt(eno),mix well to from a dough.Add a few tsp of water if needed. Keep this dough aside for 5 min, and let it ferment. Heat oil in a pan and grease the pan with it.Make a flat pancake of the dough by pressing a ball of the dough between your palms . Put the pancake on the greased pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden . Turn the sides of the pancake till both sides turn golden . Soak excess oil on a kitchen towel. Serve warm. Optionally put a slice of kiwi on one side of the pancake before cooking .
- Instant Suji Idli : Dry Roast 1 cup suji. Add 1/2 cup curd to the roasted suji , and with little water make a batter . Keep aside for 15 minutes . Add a pinch of eno and salt if you like. Grease your Idli stand with oil. Steam the batter in an Idli steamer for 5-10 minutes (depending on your steamer ).
- Apple Oats : First grind the regular rolled oats (1/4 cup) .Peel and grate an apple. Take 1 cup water in a saucepan, add Oats and cook for 10 minutes . Add grated apple to it and cook for 3-4 minutes . Add 1-2 tbsp of milk to make it creamy . Serve warm.
- Overnight Apple Oats : Take 1cup Oatmeal (ground rolled oats ) , 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 apple (peeled and grated) . Mix together in a bowl and keep in refrigerator overnight . Take it out in the morning, sprinkle almond powder and serve when it comes to room temperature. No cooking required .
- Banana Smoothie: Blend 1 banana , 1cup hung Curd (or thick curd) and 1 tsp vanilla extract / essence together in a blender and serve.
- Veggie Pasta : Click Here for recipe .
- Healthy Chicken Purée /Soup: Click Here For Recipe .
- Sprouts Khichri : Click Here For Recipe .
- Suji Dhokla : Click Here For Recipe .
- Suji Pizza :Take 3/4 cup Suji , 1/4 cup Curd , 3/4 cup water , salt to taste , oil (1 tbsp) in a bowl and whisk until smooth . Keep it for resting for 30 minutes . You can also keep it overnight in fridge.Add 1 sachet fruit salt (ENO) to the batter and a few drops of water . Whisk well to incorporate air.Take a non stick pan , put in on medium heat and add a tsp of butter and pour half the batter over it . Top it with chopped vegetables Of your choice (carrots, cabbage , onions, French beans , capsicum etc) and grated cheese.Cook it with a glass lid on until the edges turn brown and cheese melts . Flip and cook both sides until golden brown .Use the rest of the batter to make another pizza in a similar manner .
- Matar / white Peas gravy : Soak 1/2 cup matar (White Peas ) overnight in ample water . It will almost double in amount . Pressure cook in 4-5 times the amount of water (2-2.5 cups) and salt for 3 whistles and on sim for 5 minutes until soft and mushy . You may add more water to your liking later .Prepare tempering by putting a frying pan on medium heat , add 1 tbsp oil , 1 tsp ginger grated , 1 tsp coriander powder , 1 tsp cumin powder ,1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp chaat Masala , salt to taste . Cook for 2 minutes and transfer the tempering to cooked Matar and mix well.
- Oats Khichri : Soak 1/4 cup yellow moong Dal in water for 15 minutes.Take 1 tbsp ghee in a small pressure cooker and put it on medium high heat. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and let it splutter . Add 1tsp grated ginger and cook till it turns aromatic (~1 minute) . Add 1 cup of vegetables of choice (chopped carrots, French beans and peas ) , a pinch of turmeric powder and cook for a minute . Add 1/2 cup Oats (regular rolled oats like Baggrys ) , drained soaked moong Dal and 2 cups water to it . Stir and cook on high heat . Sprinkle salt to taste and pressure cook for 2 whistles.After 2 whistles, switch off the heat and Let pressure release on its own. Serve with a delicious dollop of ghee.
- Egg Fried Rice : Take oil (1tbsp) in a Kadhai/wok. Heat and add garlic (1/2 tbsp) followed by onion (1 tbsp) and carrots (1tbsp) , badi elaichi (one), grated nutmeg (a pinch) . Cook till onions become translucent and carrots become soft.Whisk one egg in a bowl . Add the egg to the Kadhai on low heat and cook till slightly done. Add 1 cup cooked rice . Cook for 2 minutes .Remove black cardamom (badi elaichi) from pot.Add salt (optional) .Serve warm.Hard Boiled Egg : Take a saucepan and fill it with cool water . Put an egg in the water , a pinch of salt and cook on low heat for 15 -18 minutes . Take the egg out and put in cool water at room temperature for 10 minutes . Peel and serve .
- Scrambled Eggs : Take a non stick pan and put it on low heat(lowest heat of your stove) . Add 1 tbsp of butter and let it melt. Meanwhile break an egg , add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of milk and whisk until smooth. Pour it on the non stick pan and let it cook on lowest heat , stir it few times in between . Cook until soft and pillowy . Do not over cook . Usually ready in 5-7 minutes . Poached Eggs : Take a saucepan and fill it with water . Add 1-2 drops of vinegar to it . Bring the water to a boil , when the water boils , put it on simmer and using a spoon create a whirlpool in the saucepan by circling the spoon in water . Break an egg into the middle of the whirlpool and cook till 5 minutes . (To fully cook the egg, as undercooked eggs are not recommended for young children) Remove the egg from water and serve . (The yolk should be set and not runny) Pancakes : Make a batter of 4 tbsp flour, 4 tbsp milk, pinch of baking powder , 1 egg , 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp butter and 1 tsp vanilla essence . Blend it with hand blender . Let it rest for 20 minutes . Grease a non stick pan with butter and pour the batter , cook until done , flip and cook other side . Serve as it is or with fruits .
- Banana Pancakes : Click Here Banana French Toast : Click Here for Recipe !
- Spinach Omelette : Finely chop washed spinach (1tbsp)and squeeze excess water out of it.Finely chop onion (1tbsp) and keep 1 tbsp for use .Whisk an (one) egg. Add salt to taste .Add chopped onion and spinach to whisked egg.Heat an omelette pan. Add 1 tbsp ghee .Pour the egg mix and spread to make an even circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes till set .Flip and cook the other side for 2 more minutes . Serve warm .Savoury Spinach And Cheese Muffins : Click Here !
- Vegetable Omelette: Finely chop 1/4 onion, 1/2 bell pepper(capsicum) and 4-5 mushrooms . Heat ghee/oil in a pan and cook the veggies until tender, add a pinch of salt while cooking . Whisk an (one) egg in a separate bowl. Add salt to taste .Add the cooked veggies and chopped spinach (1tbsp) to the whisked egg.Heat an omelette pan. Add 1 tbsp ghee .Pour the egg mix and spread to make an even circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes till set .Flip and cook the other side for 2 more minutes . Serve warm .
- Classic Vanilla Custard : Click Here for Recipe!
- Sweet Potato Pancake : Take 1/2 cup roasted / boiled and peeled sweet potato (shakarkandi), 1 cup milk , 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and 1 egg , Blend it all using a blender until smooth and runny . In a bowl , take 3/4 cup whole wheat flour , 2 tsp baking powder ,1/4 tsp salt . Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk well. Pour on a hot frying pan greased with butter . Cook on one side first and when the batter bubbles flip to cook on the other side . Fluffy yummy healthy sweet potato pancakes are ready . You may top with honey before serving as they are neither sweet nor savoury .
- Healthy Chicken Purée /Soup: Click Here for Recipe .
- Oatmeal Cookies (Eggless) :Click Here
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Crushed walnuts and chocolate chips: Click Here for Recipe .
- Wholewheat (Eggless) Banana Bread :Click Here
- Savoury Spinach And Cheese Muffins :Click Here !
- Instant Khaman (Dhokla) : Click Here for Recipe . Avoid green chillies , rest Recipe remains same. Suji Dhokla : Click here for recipe!
- Brown Sugar Shortbread : Click Here for Recipe ! EditCocoa Meringue Cookies (with egg): Click Here ForRecipe ! For Toddler Meal Plans : Click Here !
Pin the Recipe Index For Later : http://pin.it/5hvoRis
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.
For more articles : Sign Up/ follow Friday Night Column on Facebook , Click Here!