Tandoori Tikkas are the most popular starters currently ordered in North Indian cuisine restaurants. This multipurpose marination is the most versatile way of cooking all sorts of vegetarian and nonvegetarian tikkas.
Quick and super easy to prepare.
Preparation time : 10 minutes .
Ingredients: ~ makes 1 cup
- Fresh Yogurt : 1 cup
- Chickpea Flour (Besan) : 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice : 1/2 medium sized lemon
- Red chili powder : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : To taste
- Cumin (Jeera) powder : 1 tbsp
- Chicken Masala : 1 tbsp (optional)
- Milk : 1 tbsp
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds (saunf) : 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies : 2 whole / Green chilli paste : 1tbsp
- Ginger : 1 inch piece / Ginger paste : 1tbsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain ) : 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper kernels : 1 tbsp
- Take ingredients 1 to 9 and whisk in a wide bowl with a wire whisk.
- In the blender , make a coarse paste of Ingredients No. 10 to 15.
- Now mix the paste from the blender in the curd mix and whisk well.
- Tandoori Marinade is ready.
- Dip and coat Vegetables/Meat of choice with marinade and keep in the refrigerator. Paneer and other vegetables can be marinated for 30 min and then you can use it to prepare tikkas. Chicken and other meat may require a marination time of 6 hours to overnight ( the longer, the better).
- Enjoy the tikkas with our Tandoori Mint Chutney ! Click Here for recipe .
Check Out our Assorted Tandoori Vegetarian Tikka recipes : Includes Paneer Tikka , Tandoori Mushroom, Tandoori Brocolli and Tandoori Aloo .
Want to make Restaurant style Tandoori Chicken ? Try our No- fail recipe here ! Tandoori Chicken – Air Fryer Series.
Liked this post ? Don’t forget to share and spread the love.
Also,Find us on Facebook and Follow! Click here!
Leave a Reply