Sharing C&I’s meal plan for this week.
The three meal a day plan will ease your worries of what to feed your infant or toddler daily. I have tried to include portions of fruit , vegetables , good carbohydrates, a protein rich dinner and healthy fats in each day’s menu .
If you do not take eggs , you can replace them with other protein rich dinner options (mentioned below) .
The menu includes usual food items , the ingredients for which you must have introduced to your baby by 9 months . If not start with a small portion and see how it goes.
Any feedback will be welcome, I will be improvising menus according to your requirements .
If you require any specific recipe or method of preparation, reach us on our facebook page .
- Recipe for onion rice : Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.Now add 1 tsp chopped garlic and fry till it turns golden brown.Now put in 1tbsp finely chopped onions and saute till they are golden.Add salt to taste , put in 1 cup cooked rice and mix well.Serve warm .
- Recipe of Carrot Rice:Heat oil in a kadhai, add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds , 1/2 tsp chopped curry leaves and let them splutter.Now add 1 tsp chopped ginger and fry. Now put in 1tbsp finely chopped carrot and saute till they are tender.Add salt to taste , put in 1 cup cooked rice and mix well.Serve warm .
- Recipe for Sooji Pancake : Take suji 1/2 cup and curd 1/2 cup in a bowl,add salt and fruit salt(eno),mix well to from a dough.Add a few tsp of water if needed. Keep this dough aside for 5 min, and let it ferment. Heat oil in a pan and grease the pan with it. Make a flat pancake of the dough by pressing a ball of the dough between your palms . Put the pancake on the greased pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden . Turn the sides of the pancake till both sides turn golden . Soak excess oil on a kitchen towel. Serve warm. You can add a slice of kiwi on one side while cooking for some added yumminess.
- Recipe of Toffee Bananas : Click Here !
- Recipe of Paneer Fried Rice : Take oil in a Kadhai/wok. Heat and add 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic followed by 1 tbsp chopped onion and 1 tbsp chopped carrots , badi elaichi , grated nutmeg . Cook till onions become translucent and carrots become soft.Add 2tbsp of paneer crumbs to the Kadhai on low heat and cook till slightly done. Add 1 cup cooked rice . Cook for 2 -3 minutes .Remove black cardamom from pot.Add salt (optional) Serve warm.
- I prefer ghee to prepare babyfood.
- You can add banana mash or apple puree to the Oats Porridge to add taste.
- I use farm fresh pasteurised cow milk to prepare yogurt and paneer at home.
- Parantha can be given in small bite sizes soaked in milk for softer consistency.
- Fruit yogurt can be prepared at home by using blended strawberries/ Blueberries/ Mango / banana or seedless grapes. Just mix the blend with fresh yogurt / hung curd / plain Greek yogurt.
- When starting with Egg first introduce yolk , followed by egg white when the child turns 1 year old.
- Dalia can be made with vegetables or milk alone , keep consistency runny.
For babies 6- 9 months of age , checkout our Ultimate Baby Food Recipe List : Click Here !
And for our Meal Plan for babies 6/7/8 months old : Click Here !
For previous meal plans for babies 9 months and above : Click here!