Sharing C&I’s meal plan for this week. The three meal a day plan will ease your worries of what to feed your infant or toddler daily. I have tried to include portions of fruit , vegetables , good carbohydrates, a protein rich dinner and healthy fats in each day’s menu .
If you do not take eggs , you can replace them with other protein rich dinner options (mentioned below) .
The menu includes usual food items , the ingredients for which you must have introduced to your baby by 9 months . If not start with a small portion and see how it goes.
Any feedback will be welcome, I will be improvising menus according to your requirements .
If you require any specific recipe or method of preparation, reach us on our facebook page .
- I am trying to include steamed fruits and vegetables as finger food for my twins . It is a healthy option and requires minimal cooking , hence a perfect snack. It also encourages self feeding . I have tried steamed apple/ pear slices / carrot sticks / cauliflower florets till now .
- Recipe for onion rice : Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.Now add 1 tsp chopped garlic and fry till it turns golden brown.Now put in 1tbsp finely chopped onions and saute till they are golden.Add salt to taste , put in 1 cup cooked rice and mix well.Serve warm .
- Recipe for Suji Idli : Take suji 1/2 cup and curd 1/2 cup in a bowl,add salt and fruit salt(eno),mix well .Add a few tsp of water if needed. Keep this batter aside for 15 min, and let it ferment. Grease an Idli stand and steam the idlis .
- Recipe of Egg Fried Rice : Take oil in a Kadhai/wok. Heat and add 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic followed by 1 tbsp chopped onion and 1 tbsp chopped carrots , badi elaichi , grated nutmeg . Cook till onions become translucent and carrots become soft.Add scrambled egg to the Kadhai on low heat and cook till slightly done. Add 1 cup cooked rice . Cook for 2 -3 minutes .Remove black cardamom from pot.Add salt (optional) Serve warm.
- I prefer ghee to prepare babyfood.
- You can add banana mash or apple puree to the Oats Porridge to add taste.
- I use farm fresh pasteurised cow milk to prepare yogurt and paneer at home.
- Parantha can be given in small bite sizes soaked in milk for softer consistency.
- Fruit yogurt can be prepared at home by using blended strawberries/ Blueberries/ Mango / banana or seedless grapes. Just mix the blend with fresh yogurt / hung curd / plain Greek yogurt.
- When starting with Egg first introduce yolk , followed by egg white .
- Dalia can be made with vegetables or milk alone , keep consistency runny.
For babies 6- 9 months of age , checkout our Ultimate Baby Food Recipe List : Click Here !
And for our Meal Plan for babies 6/7/8 months old : Click Here !
For previous meal plans for babies 9 months and above : Click here!
For more meal plans and baby food recipes Sign Up/ follow Friday Night Column on Facebook , Click Here!