Hi friends , if you have been in touch with me through my Facebook page Friday Night Column , you must be knowing that my twins C & I turned 1 year old on 24/09/17 . From now I am trying harder to make them independent eaters . For healthy self fed snack option : this is my first post – Oatmeal Cookies . It’s a variation of a recipe I had read sometime back by Anuja Sule mam (from her FB group Simple Baking’s Happy Bakes) . It has been modified to make it baby friendly and according to what I usually have in the kitchen.
Oatmeal Cookies (Eggless) : Finger Food Series
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Butter (regular) : 170 gm
- Powdered Sugar : 1 cup (220 gm)
- Milk : 30 ml
- Vanilla Extract : 1 tsp
- Flour (Maida ) : 1/2 cup (110 gm)
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp
- Oatmeal (Kellogg Rolled Oats ground in mixer) : 1 cup (220 gm)
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 15 Minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper .
- In a bowl take melted butter and powdered sugar and whisk well until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla extract to it.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl , sift the maida/flour , salt and baking Soda . Add this mix to butter – sugar-milk mix.
- Add the oatmeal to it.
- Fold the oatmeal into the mix.
- Make round balls of the dough and flatten it between palms and place it on parchment paper . Leave ample space between cookies as they tend to almost double in size .
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till edges are golden brown .
- Cool when done and then transfer on a wire rack .
- It’s on the sweeter side , if you prefer less sweet just decrease the amount of sugar to your liking.
- If your cookies stick to each other , just separate them using a pizza cutter or knife while they are cooling .
- These cookies are for toddlers and babies with teeth .
Pin It for Later : http://pin.it/TWVKEI8
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.