This healthy pasta dish is loaded with vegetables and disguised as a yummy creamy treat .
Add a bunch of veggies of your choice and serve to your toddler.
If your baby is the one who likes instant noodles , try the dish with vermicelli / spaghetti / Tops Noodles and get over the crisis without any guilt.
Kid Friendly : Veggie Loaded Pasta
Cooking Time: 15- 20 minutes
Serves : 2 (child sized)
- Pasta of choice (macaroni / fusilli/noodles/vermicelli) : cooked 1 cup
- Butter : 1 tbsp
- Garlic : chopped 1 tsp
- Carrots : chopped 1 tbsp
- Onions : chopped 1 tbsp
- French beans : chopped 1 tbsp
- Cauliflower: cut in very small florets 1 tbsp
- Tomato : grated 1 tbsp
- Milk : 1 cup (250 ml)
- Whole wheat flour (aata) : 2 tsp
- Mozzarella/ Pizza Cheese : grated 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper : 1/4 tsp (or a pinch)
- Cook Pasta of your choice in boiling water , olive oil and salt till its soft and thoroughly cooked.
- Take milk and whole wheat flour in a sauce pan . Mix well and cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes . Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Blanch all the vegetables (except onions and tomatoes ) in boiling water for 1-2 minutes . Cauliflower should be blanched for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a nonstick kadhai , on medium heat , add butter , garlic and onions . Cook for 2 minutes .
- Add capsicum , French beans , cauliflower and carrot . Cook for 2 minutes .
- Add tomatoes , salt and black pepper.Cook for 2 minutes .
- Add cooked pasta and milk-whole wheat flour mix . Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Mix thoroughly while cooking .
- Spread grated mozzarella cheese on top and mix again . Cook for 1 minute .
- Add few tbsp of milk to dilute consistency , if needed .
- Serve warm.
Note : If your kid is an expert in picking vegetables away and eating only noodles/pasta , then you can also Purée the vegetables after cooking them and before adding pasta and milk – aata mix to the kadhai.
Pin it for later : https://pin.it/PV18WUe
This recipe is a part of our Toddler Meal Plan : Click here to know more about the meal plan .
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.