It’s Halloween time. Though we do not celebrate it much in India , but since it’s synonymous with yummy candies and treats , I decided to make a homemade lollipop for my toddler twins.
It’s a simple easy-peasy 3 ingredient recipe with some trick involved .
You will need paper muffin cups , a muffin tray and skewer sticks for the setting part.
Halloween Special : Caramel Murmura Lollipops
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes
Yield : 6 lollipops
- Murmura (Unsalted Puffed Rice) : 1 – 1 1/2 cup
- Water : 3/4 cup
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Paper muffin cups : 6
- Muffin Tray
- Skewer sticks: 6 medium sized
- Cold Water for demoulding
- Line a muffin tray with paper cups and completely fill with Murmura . Place skewers in perpendicular position (these will be fixed in position once we pour caramel)
- Prepare a sugar solution by cooking sugar and water in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat.
- Keep stirring the sugar solution so that all the crystals thoroughly dissolve.
- Cook the sugar solution till you can see light golden hue . This will take 10- 15 minutes
- The caramel continues to cook even after the light golden hue is achieved , so quickly remove from heat and immediately pour into muffin cups filled with Murmura.
- Fix the skewers in perpendicular position while the caramel is hot. Also make sure you coat most of the Murmura with caramel while pouring.
- The process of transferring caramel into muffin cups should be quick else it will thicken and solidify in pan.
- Place the muffin tray in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Demould the lollipops by dipping them in a bowl of cold water with paper cup side first . The paper will easily get peeled off once wet. Repeat the process on all lollipops until all paper is removed .
- Serve the lollipop to your little monster . He will love licking the sweet caramel .
- Freeze the spare lollipops for later.
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.