Motherhood should be renamed anxiety because we end up forever anxious regarding our children’s health and fretting about whether they are gaining enough weight or not .
Toddlers can be really fussy in terms of quantity of food they take and hence I always believe in feeding calorie-dense meals for them so that they can gain adequate nutrition even if taking a few bites .
Ghee Rice is a simple recipe , easy to prep and make on any given time. Packed with the goodness of ghee and dry fruits , it is no doubt a wonder meal for your child specially for gaining weight.
Prep Time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Yield : Serves 2
- Ghee : 3 tbsp
- Cooked Rice : 1 cup (I prefer Basmati Rice )
- Dry fruit powder : 1 tbsp (Read Recipe Note Below)
- Green cardamom (Chhoti Elaichi): 2-3
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi): 1
- Mace (Javithri) : 2-3 strip
- Black Pepper Corn : 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf : 1
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) : 1 small piece
- Salt to taste
- Onion : 1/2 onion finely chopped
- Chopped coriander leaves : 1/2 tbsp
- Take a frying pan , put it on medium heat and add Ghee to it.
- Add whole spices to it and sauté it for a minute as they turn aromatic.
- Add dry fruit powder and sauté it for another minute.
- Add chopped onions and salt to taste and cook until translucent, keep stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add cooked rice and stir well in the onion masala.
- Cook for 2 minutes on medium flame while stirring to mix all flavours well.
- Remove whole spices from the rice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve warm.
Ghee Rice is part of our 14 day Toddler Meal Plan : Click here for Meal Plans .
Recipe Notes :
- If you do not have dry fruit powder , you can add crushed mix of cashew , almond , walnut and pistachio in place of it . Avoid whole nuts for younger children , to avoid choking hazard.
Don’t forget to Pin it for later !