Zucchini Noodles or Zoodles are strands of zucchini in the shape of noodles. They are the perfect gluten-free, flourless substitute for pasta. They are not just a great way to replace the unhealthy noodles from your child’s meal but also a delicious way to feed them vegetables.
For the ones trying to lose weight, Zoodles have taken over the fitness world by a storm.
Zucchini Noodles have very low calorie ( 1 zucchini has just 33 kCal vs 200+ kCal in regular noodles), very less carbs and can easily be used in most pasta/noodles dishes. It is rich in Vitamin A, C and antioxidants with a high fiber content.
It is easy to cook and gets done in a fraction of the time that usual flour based noodles take. It can be even eaten raw.
Zucchini Noodles In Olive Oil : Zoodles aglio e olio | Toddler Meal Ideas
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 zucchini (peeled into thin strips using a julienne peeler with outer skin intact and divided length wise to form noodle-like strips)
1 cup cold water
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
salt to taste
1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Take 2 cups water in a sauce pan and add 1 tsp salt to it. Bring it to a boil. Add zucchini noodles to it and cook for 1 minute. Do not over cook , else they will disintegrate.
- Drain the zucchini noodles and pass it through cold water .
- Take a skillet/frying pan on medium heat and add olive oil to it . Add chopped garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Switch off the heat,cover the vessel and let the garlic infuse in oil for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the garlic infused olive oil pan on medium heat again and toss the zucchini noodles in them . Add salt and crushed black pepper to it and toss. Remove from heat (Cook for less than 2 minutes) and serve.
- This is a simpler version for kids. When making for adults , you can add sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, oregano and other pasta seasoning as well.
Liked the article? Do share and spread the love.
In a hurry? Pin it on Pinterest for later :