When you are driven to put on your oven gloves and fold some flour , milk and sugar even at wee hours of the night , you know you have fallen in love with baking.
Here is one healthy cookies recipe which makes for a perfect no-fail bake and soothes the curious baker in you .
I make these for my twins as a monthly batch. I have previously shared a simpler version for younger babies (9months and above) , which is great when they are teething.
This recipe originally belongs to a well known baker , Anuja Sule . Here I am sharing the exact recipe that I follow . The best part is that these are eggless.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with crushed Walnuts and Chocolate Chips | Healthy Bake |Eggless |
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Baking Time : 13-15 minutes
Yield: 20 cookies
Recipe credit : Anuja Sule
- Butter : 170 gm (unsalted and at room temperature)
- Brown sugar : 210 gm
- Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
- Milk: 30 ml
- Rolled Oats : 260 gm
- All purpose flour : 105 gm
- Chocolate chips : 30 gm
- Chopped Raisins : 80 gm
- Walnuts : 113 gm
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder: 1/2 tsp
- Toast walnuts on medium heat till they turn aromatic , keep stirring to avoid burning . Chop them / crush them coarsely.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy and smooth . Microwave for a few seconds(10seconds only) if butter is firm.
- Add vanilla extract & milk to butter-sugar mix and beat to incorporate.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl , sift flour , baking soda , cinnamon powder and salt . Mix well. Add these dry ingredients to wet ingredients beaten earlier .Fold the ingredients and beat to incorporate. I prefer using my hand for even folding.
- Fold the chocolate chips , chopped Raisins and crushed walnuts into the cookie dough. It should be a firm chunky dough.
- Take the cookie dough in between palms, form a ball and place it on lined baking tray . Press slightly with a flat base vessel (like a katori) . Space the cookies 2 inch apart so that they get ample space to expand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Cook till rim of cookies turns slight golden brown .
- Remove the tray from oven , but let the cookies cool on it before transferring it to wire rack to cool completely .
- Enjoy these healthy delights with milk / tea /coffee.
These make 20 large sized cookies , hence I baked it in batches of 6/7 cookies . Refrigerate the dough , if baking later .
Pin it on Pinterest for later :
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.
Follow us on Instagram: Click Here !
Join us on Twitter : Click Here !