Sprouts khichri or Moth Khichri is a healthy wholesome and protein rich one-pot meal for the family.
A complete meal on its own , it is a great option to feed sprouts to toddlers and older children .
Vegetarians looking for options for adding proteins to their diet should also consider Sprouts Khichri .
It is also a part of our Toddler Meal Plans .
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Yield : 2 serving (child sized )
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) : 1 tsp
- Garlic (chopped) : 1tsp
- Chopped Vegetables (carrots, French beans , cauliflower etc. ) : 2 tbsp
- Tomato : 1/2 tomato chopped
- Sprouts (mixed / moong Dal): 3 tbsp
- Rice : 3 tbsp (presoaked in water for 15 minutes)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder : a pinch
- Water : 1 cup (~250ml)
- Take ghee in a pressure cooker put on medium heat (I use 2 litre size for kids’ meal) .
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic , chopped vegetables , chopped tomatoes and sprouts .Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add presoaked rice and water . Stir well .
- Add salt and turmeric powder .
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and simmer for 5 minutes after that.
- Put off the heat and let the pressure release on its own .
- Open the cooker once done and serve the Khichri warm .
Pin it for later : https://pin.it/FGz5QAJ
For Toddler Meal Plan #03 : Click Here !
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.