Banana is an extremely versatile and super nutrient rich ingredient for kids . From infants to teenagers, it is part of every child’s daily diet. It is an excellent way to introduce healthy calories to your child’s meals and help him gain adequate weight.
Whenever I have Bananas in surplus, I always make sure to bake a healthy wholesome banana bread for my family. Not just a great snack/ sweet breakfast option , it is a tea time favourite as well.
For Toddlers being taught self feeding , banana bread is an excellent choice.
Here is a healthy eggless recipe of the banana bread /cake with wholewheat flour by my online baking guru Anuja Sule.
Healthy Banana Bread | Eggless | WholeWheat | Finger Food
Prep Time : 5-10 minutes
Baking Time : 45-50 minutes
- Whole wheat flour (aata) : 180 gm
- Powdered sugar/ castor sugar : 100 gm
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : 1/8 tsp
- Bananas (ripe) , medium sized : 3 (~300gm)
- Oil : 150 ml for batter , extra for greasing the loaf tin
- Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes.
- Grease an 8 inch loaf tin or 7 inch round cake tin with oil.
- In a mixing bowl , sieve wholewheat flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda . Mix and add fine powdered / castor sugar. Mix it well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the peeled ripe bananas with fork / masher and add oil and vanilla extract to it.
- Fold the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients in small batches. Mix until all is incorporated. Do not over mix .
- Shift the batter into the greased tin .
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out dry and clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes , then invert in a wire rack .
- Let it cool completely before cutting for firmer slices.
- Enjoy .
- You can add Chocochips or chopped nuts to your liking in the batter before baking. I have not added them as I made it for my 16 month old toddler twins.
- You can omit baking Soda and baking powder as well .In that case the bread will be denser but the taste will be intact .
Pin it for later :
Liked this article? Do share and spread the love.
For more articles : Sign Up/ follow Friday Night Column on Facebook , Click Here!