Here is a quick and healthy breakfast or evening snack recipe for the family. I specially recommend it for toddlers and older kids as it is packed with the goodness of spinach .
Made with Rava / Suji , these Idlis are delicious and nutritious.
Spinach Rava Idli | Breakfast | Snack | Toddler Meal Ideas
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : Depends on your Steamer . 4 minutes for 4 Idlis in microwave steamer .
Yield : 8 Idlis Ingredients:
1 cup Rava / Suji Idli batter (I ve used 1/2 cup MTR Rava Idli Mix prepared as per instructions on packet)
1 cup loosely packed chopped spinach
Salt to taste
2 cups water
A pinch of baking Soda / ENO fruit salt (optional)
Oil to grease the Idli stand
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add chopped spinach to it. Blanch for 2 minutes in boiling water . Strain the spinach and run under cold drinking water.
- Blend the blanched spinach and salt to taste in a blender until it becomes a fine Purée.
- Prepare Rava Idli batter in a bowl. Add the spinach Purée to it . Mix well until spinach Purée gets incorporated.
- Before making Idlis, grease your Idli stand with oil.
- Add a pinch of baking Soda / eno fruit salt to Batter and mix to incorporate air.
- Pour the batter in Idli stand and steam the Idlis according to your steamer settings . I make Idlis in microwave where 4 Idlis take 4 minutes to cook.
- Serve warm with or without Chutney .